Place of Adjectives in French
How does the place of adjectives work in French?
- Most adjectives follow the noun they modify.
- un chat noir (a black cat
- deux robes neuves (two new dresses)
- trois hôtels français (three French hotels)
However, there are exceptions to the rule – of course
- The following adjectives are often in front of the noun
- bon/ne (good)
- grand/e (big, tall)
- jeune (young)
- mauvais/e (bad)
- nouveau, nouvelle (new)
- petit/e (small)
- vieux, vieille (old)
- joli/e (pretty)
- gros/se (fat)
- court/e (short)
Related: Game online .
. French podcast, French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture, about French about France .
Post your comment about this right down here at ‘Leave a Reply’.
You like it? Please share it. Merci.