Since and For - DEPUIS
DEPUIS can be translated by SINCE or FOR. It can be used with a comma and as a question.
PracticeTraduire – translate – les phrases suivantes
1. I have been in France since 1999.
2. We have been in the States for three years.
3. Mass has been over for 45 minutes.
Correction – Answers
1. Je suis en France depuis 1999.
2. On est aux USA depuis trois ans.
3. La messe est terminée depuis trois quarts d’heure.
Post your comment about this right down here at ‘Leave a Reply’.
Come to FRENCH ETC. for French, French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture, about France, about French, français, vocabulaire, learn French, French podcasts, learn French by podcast, French language podcasts, French tutorial, French one on one, French expressions, expressions, e-learning, learning French, French online, France, listening comprehension, dictées, French dictation, sign up for FRENCH ETC. at frenchetc.org (http://frenchetc.org/fe-signup-page/)
Bonne journée française !