The near future - Le futur proche
The expression ‘ALLER + infinitive verb’ expresses the notion of to be about to do something, to be going to + infinitive. Continue with the complete Premium worksheet here.
To practice your knowledge of the near future, translate the following sentences into French.
- I’m going to repair the carburetor.
- You’re going to discover the town.
- She’s about to get her degree.
- He’s about to drive the convertible.
- It’s going to make too much noise.
- We aren’t going to go to the concert.
- Are we going to balance the books?
- You are not about to have tea.
- They are going to be worth a lot.
- They’re about to take an exam.
Related: Premium worksheet .
Post your comment about this right down here at ‘Leave a Reply’.
Come to FRENCH ETC. for French, French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture, all about French, français, vocabulaire, learn French, French podcasts, learn French by podcast, French language podcasts, French tutorial, French one on one, French expressions, expressions, e-learning, learning French, French online, France, listening comprehension, dictées, French dictation, sign up for FRENCH ETC. at frenchetc.org (http://frenchetc.org/fe-signup-page/)
Bonne journée française !